Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Max replies, "Why don't you ask the Priest?"
So Jack goes up to the Priest and asks, "Priest, may I smoke while I pray?"
But the Priest says,"No, my son, you may not. That's utter disrespect to our religion."
Jack goes back to his friend and tells him what the good Priest told him.
Max says, "I'm not surprised. You asked the wrong question. Let me try."
And so Max goes up to the Priest and asks, "Priest, may I pray while I smoke?"
To which the Priest eagerly replies, "By all means, my son. By all means."
Moral : The reply you get depends on the question you ask.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
PREPARE. Prepare yourself by getting all of the documents that you need and get situated.
PRACTICE PATIENCE. It’s going to be very easy for you to get discouraged right away. It’s only natural for someone to get down when they’re working on finding the right job and coming up with dead-end after dead end. Heres a beautiful example
KNOW YOURSELF. Before you begin that job search, you need to be honest with yourself – and that means you need to know your limitations and you need to know if the job that you want is simply beyond your reach. I mean, I would love to fly an aeroplane, but the fact that I don’t have any flying training is probably going to hurt my chances of landing the position.
DEDICATE TIME TO YOUR SEARCH. Just because you might not hit the right job immediately doesn’t mean that you should give up – but it does mean that you should be spending a great deal of time in searching for that job.
BE CREATIVE. You need to do something that is going to stand out from others – With just a little bit of tweaking and using some various fonts and sizes, your resume can have an appeal that the others out there are lacking.
KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE. Above all, you need to make sure that you maintain a positive attitude. The more positive energy that you surround yourself with, the more likely it is that you’re going to be ready to spring into action when that opening comes along.
PREPARE A GOOD RESUME - A resume itself is a tool to help you obtain a job interview. Dont include everything you have experienced, Include just enough to interest an employer in meeting you in person. The test of a good resume is whether or not you are getting interviews.Refer to our resume development service
All The Best.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Soft skills are nothing but your personality. It may needs more efforts to be developed your personality (soft skills in you) than technical skills.
Few of the soft skills which corporates look in you before hiring you are,
- Your Attitude.
- Your interpersonal skills.
- Your Presentation skills.
- Your personality.
Tough formal training can only guide you to enhance your soft skills. To actually achieve them you need to consiously practice and bring that change in you.
Few of the steps which can help you to develop your soft skills are:
* Be a good listener - Do not jump into an argument or a conclusion just because you are 100% sure. Listen there may be something more to add to what you know already. Also be an Active listener, you may not be involved in certain topics in a meeting but listening may help you to learn something and show your patience to your collegues / other members.
* Communicate with examples - You may not be a great communicator or finding it difficult to explain your point to the listener. An illustrative example will do the job of communicating what you wanted to rather than creating communication gaps. This again will get you in good books of listeners who may look up on you the next time they face a certain problem.
* Participate - Participate in something which involves team work, it can be a fun activity or a problem solving discussion at office. Listen and also communicate your ideas. Observe reaction of people on your involvement. Slowly you will gain lot of confidence in self when in a group.
* Get Feedack - Yes you read right. Try getting feedback about you, about your personality, about the way you speak/communicate, about your body language etc, from your friends and family. Belive me you will be surprise to hear the feedbacks about you. One important thing, do NOT react immediately to the feedback, Think and try improving on the areas where improvement is needed.
* Dont react or make instant decisions - You may be very angry at what your collegue or friend just said, You may be dissapointed that your team mate did not meet the deadlines. You may have just got firing from your manager for something which was not your fault. Take a few seconds to react, think about it, they may be right. This will do wonders to how people look upon you.
Once again, unless you actually put these points into practice its almost impossible to improve your soft skills and hence your personality.
We offer various soft skills trainings for your business and for you as an individual to improve your personality. please check http://www.itjobzone.biz/soft-skills-training.html
Monday, July 12, 2010
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Communication has taken a next level for the success of any organization in recent times. Any business/work starts with communication. Bad communication may simply result into lack of information flow, Misunderstandings, Misinterpretation, Non Understanding, which may in turn effect the organizations overall growth.
Poor communication may lead to Misunderstanding and hence conflicts between employees. Inability by managers to communicate effectively may lead to failure of project. Miscommunication to client may lead to loosing business with that client. Misinterpretation may lead to poor business.
Few famous examples of Misinterpretation are cited here:
- When Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) entered the Chinese market, to their horror they discovered that their slogan "finger lickin' good" came out as "eat your fingers off"
- General Motors when they introduced the Chevy Nova in South America. Despite their best efforts, they weren't selling many cars. They finally realized that in Spanish, "nova" means "it won't go". Sales improved dramatically after the car was renamed the "Caribe."
- Used car services co. once advertised - Why go elsewhere to be cheated? Come here first! Their sales dropped drastically as no one wanted to be cheated.
Most organisations today seeks ideas from every individual employee regarding enhancing their business. Ideas can work only if properly communicated. Effective communication adds value to your business, it helps you build partnerships, win projects, advertise effectively, promote ideas.
Check our post regarding simple and measurable steps for better communication.
For Trainings based on your business needs, please visit - http://www.itjobzone.biz/
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Refer to our resume development service
2. Ok, so your resume seems to be of an interesting person, and the employer wants to meet you. Ofcourse you know to reach 10 minutes earlier, Dress formally, Look fresh, Look the interviewer in the eyes, Give a firm handshake.. but what else....
3. Carry your sense of humor. ***A sense of humor is a major defense against minor troubles.***
4. Prepare before the interview for general questions. Give suggestions (if asked). Show your willingness to join. You must know how and why will you be an asset to this co.
5. Be Confident. Dont forget to carry your smile.
All The best.
For more on interviews visit http://www.itjobzone.biz/InterviewTypes.html
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Starting ITJobZone.biz wasnt easy, with a fat salary coming every month and life going smoothly it was a tough decision to quit the job. But finally decided to quit and give myself 1 year to proof, else shift back to job.
Like any other job, things werent easy at the beginning, was waiting for that one big break which will flip the faith of ITJobZone.biz. finally came that BIG break and I remember having put all my efforts into it. But still it just didnt worked somewhere, something was missing. lots of mistakes in that assignment. Lots of learnings too. I was devastated, with so much efforts it was sheer waste of time, efforts and money. Just when I had almost given hopes there came a message "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try" - Everything changed for ITJobZone.biz since then. Its 5 years now and I still value those simple but powerfull words.
Recruitment and Corporate Training Consultants